Attic Repairs - Home Repairs
The Most Common Attic Repairs Are Going To Be:
1. Wood damage from termites and other pests. These pests will
include rodents like mice and rats and even squirrels and
raccoons. These guys can not and scratch on a piece of wood and
tell it's no longer usable and would need to be repaired or
Animal Dropping In Attic
2. Wood rot, cause from roof leaks, condensation or plumbing leaks. Roof leaks seem to be the number one problem for attic repairs. Most roof leaks become visible as water leaks through the attic on to the ceiling, usually the ceiling is drywall or plaster and soon spotting will be visible from the living area.
3. Attic insulation, some older homes do not have insulation and can be insulated if the attic is accessible. Check with local utility companies for rebates on any home insulation installation. Insulation will pay for itself within a short period of time through energy cost savings.
4. Attic ventilation can be a problem, especially if you don't have any vents. Most older attics are under ventilated and this could be fixed by installing new dormer vents in the roof. Attic ventilation can also be increased by adding Gable vents and eave vents.
Here's a picture of a snakeskin in the attic, I don't know if this is a legal form of pest control, but I sure have found some weird things, in some weird places, over the years of working on peoples homes.
- Attic Framing Water Stains
- New Wall Under Roof Rafters
- Attic Safety Handrail Framing
- Attic Sheeting Water Damage
- Animal Dropping In Attic
- Missing Attic Insulation
- Spaced Sheathing Damage
- Water Stains On 1x6 Roof Sheathing
- Concrete Stained Sheathing
- Water Stains On Shingles
- Old Electrical Wiring
- Insulation Blocking Attic Vents
- Stepping On Ceiling Plaster
- Cellulous Attic Insulation
- TV Antenna In Attic